Palliative care is specialized supportive care that can benefit people with PH at any stage - not just end-of-life care. You can receive palliative care while continuing your regular PH treatments. One myPHteam member shared discussing different palliative care options with their pulmonologist to help their family Show Full Answer
Denise,
Palliative care can be obtained at any point during a chronic or terminal condition. The one that is when you are medically told you have 6 mos. or less & that is hospice. My nurse sister used to work for hospice locally here, she is the 1 who explained the differences and I guess there is a lot of confusion where people, myself included till she educated me, confusion regarding the differences between the 2.
Thank you. You asked a good question about what each one felt was a good day for them. You always have a great insight on things. Did you answer your Question??
Hi there. That’s great information. I will definitely as my drs about it. Palliative care I thought it was when your illness getting worse. Thank you all for info
Not yet, I was told by the medicaid office that if I were to get managed long term care (mltc) I'd have to have a spend down because I nake to much money lol. Imagine that, I'm retired receiving ssdi, and my retirement (which isn't a lot) and have to have a spend down. Meanwhile we have my husband enrolled in it as spousal Medicaid and he has an aide 33 hrs a week. We still have my health ins from my work as per my contract upon my retirement for life which is why he has spousal Medicaid so he can have help, (I'm thankful for everyday) he's been in a wheelchair for 11 yrs now and his hands the past few years are failing him with his fingers curling in. They can help as you need it, light housework, exercise, shopping (with or without you) personal care if you need it and such.
Basically they are there to help you have a better/easier life.