Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
b'klyn, NY

I know that you can get palliative care if you're diagnosed with PH, but what if you're in the stages of being tested(appropriately this time) for PH?

September 27, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myPHteam Member

Yes you can

September 28, 2023
A myPHteam Member

Yes you can I am in the situation now where I can enter hospice but I haven’t been able to commit just yet there are pros and cons to it with it comes a lot of changes and I never been one for changes although when I have a really bad day and can’t take 2 steps without fighting to breathe I think I should call them now they did tel me if I sign up for it and find it’s not for me I can go off it and back to what I had before but we all know what red tape will come up and that will just induce anxiety so whatever you decide I wish you luck

September 28, 2023
A myPHteam Member

Here is what I found on Google about your question:

"Managing the symptoms and stress of COPD can be very difficult. This is why palliative care can be an important part of your treatment."

I would reach out to a Palliative Care provider in your area that treats COPD.

Here is an interesting study about Palliative Care and PH.
Palliative care in pulmonary arterial hypertension: an underutilized treatment
https://err.ersjournals.com/content/27/150/180069

September 30, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Palmyra, IN

A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Fall River, KS

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In