Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Karlstad, SE
August 24, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myPHteam Member

Hi Pamela, I think sometimes if your body finds itself suddenly struggling to get enough oxygen in it can trigger 'fight or flight ' mechanisms that cause a sudden release of adrenaline. When that happens feeling shaky or trembly with a sort of unfocussed anxious feeling can result.
The most useful thing I found I could do was try to get control of my breathing, slow it down and consciously try to relaxe.
Also if you have faith, it's a good time to pray and put your trust in God as best you can and get reassurance from that to calm yourself.

August 27, 2024
A myPHteam Member

Thank you for the information. I sure hope you get to feeling better.

August 27, 2024
A myPHteam Member

Thank you!

August 27, 2024
A myPHteam Member

I get the shakes when I wake up, sometimes. And headaches. I know my oxygen is worse at night, and on the bad nights I do wake up shaky. Just recently I've had to stop my pilates and his classes because of the weakness I was experiencing. I just started a new therapy and am hoping to regain some of what I lost during this last progression of disesse.

August 27, 2024
myPHteam

Many people with pulmonary hypertension (PH) experience various symptoms when they exert themselves. According to the knowledge base, shortness of breath is a common symptom, especially during physical activities. Some members have also reported feeling weak or experiencing muscle weakness, which could potentially lead to Show Full Answer

Many people with pulmonary hypertension (PH) experience various symptoms when they exert themselves. According to the knowledge base, shortness of breath is a common symptom, especially during physical activities. Some members have also reported feeling weak or experiencing muscle weakness, which could potentially lead to shakiness. For instance, one member mentioned struggling with balance due to leg weakness, and another noted feeling light-headed and weak.

August 24, 2024

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In