Not sure ABQJane, right now I am not on any PH meds, I am on mycophenolate for my ILD and pulmonary fibrosis, also on cardiac meds. My PFT/6min. walk test have been coming back as stable with very little change, even improved on a couple of places. I have bilateral carotid artery disease, I have a stent in my right carotid artery and my left carotid is 100% blocked. I am on oxygen when I exercise and I was on oxygen at night. I might be able to come down off the night time oxygen, I just had an in-clinic sleep test this week to see if that is possible. They say there isn't as much testing on exercise induced PH but it is getting better.
Asia, I have asked the same question. I have mild PH caused by Mixed Connective Tissue disease that caused interstitial lung disease and pulmonary fibrosis. I am being treated for the ILD. I have asked a couple of times to do more tests on me with exercise, I seem to do pretty well at rest but going up stairs or an incline causes the shortness of breath more than anything, or carrying things any distance. Sitting still I recover pretty quickly. The ACPET is what I am requesting at my next RHC to try and verify. When I workout with weights and do my cardio at the gym I have to use 3L of oxygen so I don't wear myself out. My PH specialist said we would do a stress echo or do the ACPET at my next RHC which will be next year sometime. Hope you find your answers, keep us updated!
What is the definitive test for diagnosing exercise-induced pulmonary hypertension (PH)?
The gold standard for confirming exercise-induced PH is the Advanced Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test (ACPET). This is an invasive test, meaning it uses thin tubes (catheters) inserted into the right side of the heart and pulmonary artery Show Full Answer
Brenda, I wonder if a vasodilator would be appropriate treatment, even if you don't have exercise-induced PH. I hope you get some answers.
Hi Brenda. If you are diagnosed with exercise-induced PH, do you think it change your medications/treatment?