Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Scottsdale, AZ

I got my Wellcare info for 2027 today in the mail.

The Catastrophic phase will start at $2400 in 2027. I'm sure most of us will meet that by sometime in February, if not sooner!

My premium is going up...from $0 to $5.30/month and the deductible is going up from $615 to $700...but that goes towards the Catastrophic phase.

I'm hoping I'll qualify for a grant again next year...especially since the grant money towards medication also counts towards the catastrophic phase.

I personally will… read more

5 days ago
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members on Medicare Part D shared updates about 2027 plan changes, including the catastrophic phase threshold dropping to $2400 and small... Read more

Members on Medicare Part D shared updates about 2027 plan changes, including the catastrophic phase threshold dropping to $2400 and small premium and deductible increases, with one member recommending plugging current medications into the Medicare comparison tool. A recurring theme was the high cost of specialty medications like Adempas, with several members sharing that manufacturer assistance programs, grants, and plans like QMB with Extra Help made life-saving drugs affordable. Members offered each other encouragement and practical tips, including contacting prescribing doctors, CVS Specialty Pharmacy, and drug manufacturers directly to find low-cost options.

A myPHteam Member

I found this ..

5 days ago
A myPHteam Member

Maria,
If I can be of anymore help just ask. But I know for a fact. The manufacturer whoever actually makes Adempas.. does indeed have a much lower cost program.. or try talk to a Pharmacist grom CVS Specialty Pharmacy... They too could be of some help to you. They should be aware of some programs. Good Luck. If you need anything else.. just ask. I"ll do my best to help... Have a good evening...

5 days ago (edited)
A myPHteam Member

@A myPHteam Member, I hope that you are doing well. I live in New York City and here, I couldn't afford my Adempas. I would have to sell some body parts. It cost a little over $14000 a month here.

5 days ago
A myPHteam Member

I admire you for your management of the specialized medication cost and juggling the copays and grants. Must have a Zen mentality to keep the stress at bay.

3 days ago
A myPHteam Member

Thank you ladies for all you information. Thank God my doctor is a wonderful advocate for her patients. She found a foundation that covers the cost for me. If not, I wouldn't be chatting with you guys. I have been on Adempas since 2020.

5 days ago (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Albuquerque, NM

A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Castro Valley, CA

A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Monte Vista, CO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In