Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Test and couldn't pass but after 6 walks down hall I got weak and couldn't move well couldn't hold walker. But my oxygen was 98 to 96 it didn't go down but my body was real bad very weak hard to breath why does this happen after years on oxygen I didn't pass to recertification I was told very early on that I hold carbon dioxide can any help me with this

September 2, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
Pain and Pulmonary Hypertension: Causes and Tips for Relief Read Article...
A myPHteam Member

I have pacemaker and defibrillator in am very weak all the time also chf over 90 things wrong with me. I don't have pulmonary Dr at this point

September 2, 2025
myPHteam

Question: Why am I experiencing weakness and difficulty breathing during oxygen testing despite good oxygen levels?

This is a complex situation that requires medical attention. While your oxygen levels staying at 96-98% might seem good, weakness and breathing difficulties during activity can indicate that your PH symptoms Show Full Answer

Question: Why am I experiencing weakness and difficulty breathing during oxygen testing despite good oxygen levels?

This is a complex situation that requires medical attention. While your oxygen levels staying at 96-98% might seem good, weakness and breathing difficulties during activity can indicate that your PH symptoms are progressing. Many myPHteam members have reported similar experiences with weakness and breathing difficulties, even when using oxygen therapy. Common symptoms that can occur with PH, even with oxygen therapy, include:
• Severe weakness
• Shortness of breath with activity
• Difficulty exercising or walking
• Fatigue
• Problems with mobility

It's important to discuss these symptoms with your healthcare team, particularly since you weren't able to pass your recertification test. They may need to adjust your treatment plan or run additional tests to check your heart function and determine why you're experiencing these symptoms despite maintaining good oxygen levels.

September 2, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Manalapan, NJ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In