Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
East Lyme, CT
August 23, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
myPHteam

Yes, some people with pulmonary hypertension may need to update their measles vaccine protection. While most people remain protected for life after their initial vaccination series, those with conditions affecting the immune system should discuss their immunity status with their doctor.

Here are key points to consider
• Show Full Answer

Yes, some people with pulmonary hypertension may need to update their measles vaccine protection. While most people remain protected for life after their initial vaccination series, those with conditions affecting the immune system should discuss their immunity status with their doctor.

Here are key points to consider:
• Your doctor may recommend a blood test to check your immunity
• You might need a booster shot if your immunity has decreased
• If you're taking immunosuppressive medications, special considerations may apply For people with PH specifically:
• Live-virus vaccines like MMR are generally safe if your PH is stable
• If you're on immunosuppressive medications, your doctor might suggest immune globulin (IG) as an alternative
• Your doctor will help determine the safest approach based on your individual health situation

August 23, 2025
A myPHteam Member

I have all my vaccines but they didn't ask me to have a measle vaccine and I'm assuming since we had one when we were younger but it has never been brought up to me . I will ask my doctor about that tomorrow. Just interested in what she's going to say

February 10
A myPHteam Member

You are immune, Anner.

February 10
A myPHteam Member

Marge6 no I haven't been asked that question. I thought since I had it as a child I wouldn't have to have it the measles vaccination

February 10

Related Questions

View All
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
St. Augustine, FL

A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Ireland, IN

A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Dansville, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In