Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 12, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared widely varying sleep patterns in response to someone asking if others need 10-12 hours of sleep, with experiences ranging from... Read more

Members shared widely varying sleep patterns in response to someone asking if others need 10-12 hours of sleep, with experiences ranging from just 3-4 hours of fragmented rest to a full 10-12 hours plus afternoon naps. Several members described needing significantly more sleep than before their diagnosis, attributing it to overwhelming fatigue, while others struggled with insomnia, frequent nighttime awakenings due to pain or hot flashes, and difficulty falling back asleep. A recurring theme was that fatigue profoundly affects sleep needs, with many members finding that extra rest helps them feel better and enjoy daily life, even as sleep itself remains elusive or interrupted for others.

A myPHteam Member

I too wish I could sleep! Maybe 4 to 6 hours.

November 13, 2024
A myPHteam Member

Hi Elizabeth565. I also sleep much more now. I sleep about 10 hours at night and take about a 2-hour nap in the after noon. This fatigue is new to me but the extra sleep helps me enjoy more time with my husband.

February 19, 2025
A myPHteam Member

Sleep can be challenging. I go to bed at the same time every night, butI also nap cuz the fatigue can be quite overwhelming. So 10+ hours of sleep out of 24 sounds about right. You’re not alone!

November 13, 2024
A myPHteam Member

I wish I could sleep that long. I get maybe between five and seven hours a night.

November 13, 2024
A myPHteam Member

I get about 4 hours every night and that seems to be good for me.

February 21, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Surrey, BC

A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Richmond, VA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In