Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 18, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myPHteam Member

It can be! my shortness of breath was so intermitant and mild that I ignored it. Even now, it seems sporadic and I still do not need Oxygen. But I do notice it with exertion e.g. climbing stairs; hi altitude etc

December 21, 2023
A myPHteam Member

Prior to my diagnosis I was short of breath. Since receiving treatment and meds the SOB has dissipated some. I move at my pace which allows me to go slow when needed.
I let my family and friends know of my situation even though I don't have any outward indications. Now my needs come first in my life so I do find myself alone on most holidays.
Everyday I wakeup is a holiday when I feel good. I'm really never alone.

December 15, 2023
A myPHteam Member

My mPAP was 26 mmHg a year ago due to CTEPH. I get short of breath on stairs and lifting weights. Granted I'm 40 lbs overweight at age 56. On anticoagulant and beta blocker

December 18, 2023
A myPHteam Member

Hi Dohickey, that is a great way to approach life, in the given circumstances. Let our life flow with nature, like a river. Have a great day.

December 15, 2023
A myPHteam Member

Resources
Q & A
Meet Others
How Do You Know What Stage Your Pah Is At

AngiePomroy
asked a question 💭
I want to know how severe my pah is

posted January 26, 2021
•
View reactions
1
12
Show next 2 answers

PamelaJ
Class I
People with class I pulmonary hypertension do not experience any PH symptoms, either at rest or with exercise.

Class II
Pulmonary hypertension is considered class II when a person experiences no PH symptoms at rest but feels uncomfortable and short of breath while performing their usual daily activities.

Class III
Someone with class III pulmonary hypertension may or may not experience symptoms at rest. Normal household chores and other daily activities are limited by extreme fatigue and shortness of breath. Symptoms may necessitate frequent breaks to rest.

Class IV
In class IV pulmonary hypertension, people experience symptoms at rest and during activity. Fainting is possible, especially when bending over. Edema (swelling) in the feet and ankles is common

Yes, that is normal. Sit quietly and watch your breath only. It will come and go. No more physically straining work any more. Stop the moment you feel breathlessness. Never give up.

Hai, I am Ravindran, M/67 from Tamilnadu, India. PH diagnosed 2 years back. Managing to live without any medication or support. Happy.

November 19, 2023 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Ctr Ossipee, NH

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In