Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
January 6, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myPHteam Member

I practice thankfulness

January 6, 2023
A myPHteam Member

You know what I was taught as well? CBT and DBT. Medical PTSD sometimes gets confused with Borderline Personality Disorder. I don't meet the criteria for BPD but at one time, I think there was a question mark about my having it. It was actually PTSD.

January 11, 2023
A myPHteam Member

I've got a blood clotting disorder as well, they found several clots in my lungs, my first noticeable event was in 2018 when I was putting groceries away and I suddenly lost partial vision in my right eye. I was in the hospital for a week before they found out that the retinal artery occlusion was from Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (aka Hugh's syndrome). I have been on Plavix, Warfarin, and now daily Heparin injections. I'm on metroprolol as well. I also have a paralyzed hemidiaphragm and am seeing a thorasic surgeon tomorrow in hopes that he can do something about that but it might be too dangerous.

I do have medical PTSD from having three open heart surgeries in three months (due to infection) when my kids were toddlers. I talk to a psychologist.

January 9, 2023
A myPHteam Member

CTEPH is a form of PAH that really isn't rare, especially if you've had more than one clotting event, like me. I'm on Facebook on a number of the blood clot support boards. I'm on Eliquis anticoagulant for life. Probably on Metoprolol beta blocker for life. I see my PAH specialist this week and will probably be prescribed something for my hypertension (thankfully not as high as most I've read about.)
Definitely reach out if you need to speak with a psychotherapist. I developed medical PTSD following gallbladder surgery in 2021 that triggered memory of being in ICU in 2017 with my first PE. I also have a psychiatrist too.

January 7, 2023
A myPHteam Member

I don't feel like I've been dealt a fair hand. I try and try to be thankful but in the back of my mind I can only think "my kids have been dealt a terrible hand". So I think about the inner strength I have, the potential for new treatments and I just try to hope that something will improve. I want to meet my grandchildren and I want to live. Some days are so challenging but there is always hope.

January 7, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Newcastle, UK

A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Kingston upon Hull

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In