Question: What should I do about weakness during oxygen testing when my oxygen levels vary between 70-96 and I'm having trouble qualifying for recertification?
The combination of weakness and varying oxygen levels you're experiencing is a common but serious concern with PH. Weakness, especially in the legs, is a recognized Show Full Answer
Question: What should I do about weakness during oxygen testing when my oxygen levels vary between 70-96 and I'm having trouble qualifying for recertification?
The combination of weakness and varying oxygen levels you're experiencing is a common but serious concern with PH. Weakness, especially in the legs, is a recognized symptom that many people with PH face. When combined with shortness of breath, it can make testing particularly challenging. Given your symptoms and concerns about oxygen certification, it's important to schedule an appointment with your pulmonary specialist right away. Make sure to document:
• Your episodes of weakness
• Times when your oxygen levels drop
• Any difficulty with daily activities
• Problems with balance or leg weakness
• Sleep issues with your BiPAP
This information will help your healthcare team better understand how your PH is affecting you and potentially adjust your treatment plan. If you experience severe weakness or sudden breathing difficulties, seek emergency care immediately.
September 26, 2025