Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Franklinton, LA
September 18, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared mixed experiences with the Prevnar 20 vaccine, with many reporting no issues after receiving it at the recommendation of their... Read more

Members shared mixed experiences with the Prevnar 20 vaccine, with many reporting no issues after receiving it at the recommendation of their doctors, while others took the opportunity to discuss their varying comfort levels with different vaccines including flu, COVID, RSV, and shingles. Several members described taking all recommended vaccines due to conditions like PAH, autoimmune diseases, and lung issues, emphasizing the importance of staying current on vaccinations to reduce hospitalization risk. A recurring theme was respect for individual choice, with members acknowledging that vaccine decisions are deeply personal and should be made based on one's own health needs, experiences, and comfort level rather than pressure from others.

A myPHteam Member

Listen to this old Nurse please!!! I was vaccinated against swine flu, hepatitis, every year a flu vac and more when I worked. Since then I have received Covid and it's various spinoffs since the 1st Covid outbreak, RSV, Pneumococcal vaccine and Shingles vaccine. I am still living and have only had Covid once, a year after the first outbreak. With my lungs and my diagnoses I will take all vaccines, wear a mask in public in Doctor's offices, grocery stores, Pharmacies anywhere there might be someone sick like any large gathering!!!!!

October 2, 2024
A myPHteam Member

Good Morning Linda 🙂. Yeah…..I’ve gotten all offered vaccines & am waiting to get my second Shingles shot 🙂

October 4, 2024
A myPHteam Member

I took the first 2 COVID no more, no reaction but I always take flu, shingles, prevnar we in 1998 @ health dept the vaccine had H1N1, being A & B & swine it takes about 6 months for the CDC predicts what is vaccine combination i always like to know what I am taking have a good day every one Elle2

September 20, 2024
A myPHteam Member

Took my Prevnar 20 and my wife took Prevnar 23. We will need no more of these, but I still need a RSV Vac. I do not take flu or covid. period!

September 19, 2024
A myPHteam Member

I won’t take either!

September 18, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Dansville, NY

A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
East Lyme, CT

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In