And when I had my CPET I was offered a choice between the treadmill or the bike. I chose the bike.
I had a CPET earlier this year. It's a non-invasive way of analyzing your pulmonary and cardiac function. It's not a terribly difficult test. The information gleaned can be quite valuable. I'd been experiencing a lot of shortness of breath, heart palpitations, and chest pain. My pulmonary function was quite good as is my endurance; however, it showed some possible cardiac concerns. I followed-up with my cardiologist, did some additional testing, and discovered I have a condition called dysautonomia often associated with Sjogren's disease, the autoimmune condition I've battled since 2020.
A CPET is becoming more standard in the course of PH Diagnostics. When I had mine done several years ago there was only 1 local hospital that offered it. Now most of the decent sized hospitals offer it. And there are some people who are "exercise intolerant" and/or have exercise induced PH.
It sounds like your pulmonologist is considering a cardiopulmonary exercise test (CPET). During this test, you will walk on a treadmill or ride a stationary bicycle while your pulmonary arterial pressures, oxygen levels, and other variables are measured. This helps assess your heart and lung function during exercise and can Show Full Answer