Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Julesburg, CO

I am newly diagnosed in a very rural part of Colorado. I was not expecting the echocardiogram to find anything but the radiologist said mild pulmonary hypertension.

November 12, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myPHteam Member

An echocardiogram is more or less a guesstimate of your pulmonary pressures. I would suggest seeing a cardiologist or pulmonologist that specializes in pulmonary hypertension. The bottom line is that you probably need a right heart catheterization for further evaluation. Since you live in a rural area, you probably need to be prepared to travel to a more densely populated area.

https://phassociation.org/phcarecenters/accredi...

November 12, 2023
A myPHteam Member

I will probably go to University Hospital in Aurora.

November 17, 2023
A myPHteam Member

https://phassociation.org/phcarecenters/accredi...

The University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha might be an option then??

November 16, 2023
A myPHteam Member

Northeastern Colorado. Nebraska is 2 miles north and 9 miles east. It takes about 3 hours to get to Denver.

November 16, 2023
A myPHteam Member

I live near Denison, TX. Even though we are in a semi-rural area, north of Dallas I am fortunate enough to an excellent PH specialist less than 10 minutes from me. I know there are some PH specialists in the Denver area.

November 15, 2023 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A myPHteam Member asked a question 💭
Denver, CO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In