Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPHteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 18, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A myPHteam Member

I cough after eating and have some shortness of breath.

September 18, 2025
A myPHteam Member

I frequently have a pounding heart after eating. I think digestion increases the eork load on our hearts. I sure can't do anything strenuous after I eat!

November 12, 2025
A myPHteam Member

I do to. Lately much more often. Accompanied with dizziness and I m off balance a lot. Does that happen to anyone else?

November 12, 2025
myPHteam

Shortness of breath is one of the most common symptoms of PAH and can occur during various daily activities. With PAH, the pulmonary arteries become thick and narrow, making it harder for blood to flow between the heart and lungs. This means your body gets less oxygen-rich blood, which can cause breathlessness even during Show Full Answer

Shortness of breath is one of the most common symptoms of PAH and can occur during various daily activities. With PAH, the pulmonary arteries become thick and narrow, making it harder for blood to flow between the heart and lungs. This means your body gets less oxygen-rich blood, which can cause breathlessness even during normal activities like eating. If you notice your shortness of breath is getting worse or occurring more frequently with daily activities, it's important to discuss this with your doctor. They can evaluate whether your treatment plan needs adjustment. This is especially important if you're experiencing shortness of breath while at rest or if it's interfering with basic activities.

Common symptoms that may accompany shortness of breath include:
• Dizziness
• Tiredness
• Swelling
• Chest pain
• Blue or gray lips and fingers

September 18, 2025

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In